Thursday, April 05, 2018

A Closeted Swiftie

Do you secretly like Taylor Swift? I know I do.

I follow her on Instagram and Spotify. I listen to her songs going to and from work. I memorized 22 because it's catchy and is always on. I secretly watched all her Reputation music videos including the second Delicate video on Spotify. Just like the rest of the world, I too look for easter eggs and clues on her videos. I especially like to watch some of her fans' reaction to every music video she releases. I agree on some level that she is a fantastic lyricist. I admire how she plays with words and build very modern metaphors in her songs. I sing along like a fool to Blank Space and Clean. I've never been to any of her shows although I do watch some of it on You Tube. I like the acoustic version of her 1989 songs because it shows that she can really sing and I mean beautifully sing with matching mad guitar and piano playing skills. I love her idea of having secret sessions for her fans - the Swifties, because it shows how she much she loves them It humanizes her.

I'm actually jealous of her and her accomplishments. At such a young age she doesn't struggle financially, she is extremely talented and beautiful and did I mention rich? Heck, she owns her own private plane and she's not even 30. At 36, I am still trying to figure everything out. Sure, she doesn't have a normal life and the most coveted privacy in the world of the rich and famous but you know what I mean? She doesn't have to stress about her future not like normal human beings like me. I know, jealousy is an ugly, ugly thing. But I'm pretty sure a lot can relate.

She worked hard, probably harder than we all know to get where she is now in her life and with that she deserves everything she gets. She is reaping all that she sowed all these years. I should be inspired by that instead of feeling a teeny ting pang of jealousy over this woman who gave us nothing but good music.

-T

No comments:

A (Web Copy) Writer's Dream

Write. That's what everybody in my community of other writer says. Write about anything, daily. There are no rules, just allot time - m...