Friday, April 06, 2018

Game Of Thrones Fix

It's April. It's supposed to be Game of Thrones month. Unfortunately, like the rest of the world, we are painfully waiting for 2019 to watch it's bittersweet ending - not that I know exactly what will happen but GRRM isn't exactly a fan of in-the-end-it-will-all-work-out-everybody-happy type of writing. I'm actually both happy and sad it is ending in season 8. Happy that it is ending while still a lot of people love the show and let's face it they are still on top of their game and sad, well, for obvious reasons. For me, it it really is one the best shows of my life time. This is a show I am going to brag about to my children and grand children. 

I started watching Game of Thrones while season 3 is playing. I got hooked after learning that Cersei and Jaime are nurturing an unconventional and dysfunctional love relationship and that Bran fell. I told myself after that episode, whoa. It's like a soap for the medieval times! I loved that there are so many characters to love, hate and love and hate. I was never confused although I have to admit I haven't read all the books yet. I intend to, probably after the show is over. 

It's also a show where I enjoy researching and in turn learning about the nooks and crannies of each timeline and character. I love how it is a conversation starter. It's also a subject for friendly debates. It has an immersed community and a very invested fandom that it made them cry when the MF wall, the wall, finally descends in the hands of zombie Viserion. 

But it won't be back until next year so, all we can do is rewatch everything from season 1. I get my fix through watching the casts' interviews and Comic Con appearances. Subscribe and watch a couple of GoT You Tube channels here and there with the likes of Comicbookgirl19 or Emergency Awesome. Watch and rewatch all the Leslie Jones' Game of Jones on the Late Night with Seth Meyers tv show. 

Hang on tight, we still have 8 months or so to go. 

-T

No comments:

A (Web Copy) Writer's Dream

Write. That's what everybody in my community of other writer says. Write about anything, daily. There are no rules, just allot time - m...