Tuesday, February 08, 2005

family affair

february 6, 2005. sunday. 7 am. ENDSHIFT RELEASE. kuya harley, [ate juvy and kids] picked me up in the office and was bounded to go to matabungkay, batangas to meet up with the rest of the family. well there have been a few stop overs before we arrived in batangas. first stop was in standard chartered bank in makati, i have to withdraw money of course, then off to JP Rizal and buy myself a SUN CELLULAR sim pack, which cost me, 250Php!!! if i had known better i would've waited till we got to imus and buy there instead. [180Php lang, grrrr.] after, we headed to our shop in mabolo, bacoor to pick up the cutting dies for delivery, [my dad just couldn't get enough of his work, na kahit nasa bakasyon trabaho pa rin ang nasa isip.] then bought about 10 kilos of ripe mangoes in imus public market. at about 845am we're in tagaytay and decided to eat breakfast at yellowcab. [some breakfast huh?!] yumyum. we finally arrived in batangas about quarter to 12 pm.
my dad and kuya abet played the welcoming committee : ) they were under the indian mango tree drinking coffee waiting for us. apparently, my mom, my aunts and uncles, my other pamangkins and cousins were already at the beach swimming. my original plan was to read my book, get some sleep before hitting the beach. the thing is, i got excited and just went there anyway, [yeah without sleeping!].
at the sight of the beach, i was in awe. i have never seen the water so clear [and clean] in my years of visiting the place. it was serene. i loved it! the sky was clear and the sun was up. dami pa food. hehe nagrent pa sila ng balsa! so even without sleeping, i swam and had fun. i even [voluntarily] babysit my sister and my pamangkins, whose ages ranged from 2-7 years old. i had the cutest pamangkins ever! there was mabel, rJ and jansen. the young ones who were swimming their hearts out were icOn, baby lOu, kyle, terrence, hannah and my brother CJ. included in the list of the old ones were aunt amy and uncle boy, kuya choi and ate margie, kuya harley and ate juvy, ate diday, my mom and myself.
we had lunch at around 2pm. after that, swimming ulit! : ) i even played in the sand and tried to get a tan. [haha ang artey talaga!] unfortunately, nobody noticed! tsk. hehe siguro kasi maitim na 'ko talaga so, walang effect! we got off the beach around 430 pm. everybody was pretty exhausted especially me, i was over 14 hours awake. then when we got back to the resthouse, we [me and my pamangkins] sang our favorite songs in the videoke my parents rented. so kahit pagod na pagod na 'ko, can i resist singing? NO WAY! then at 7pm we headed home back in cavite. well, not exactly coz we ate dinner at mc donald's tagaytay first. boy, was it COLD. brrrrr.
at 930pm we're finally home, went to sleep at 10 pm and i woke up at 12 noon the following day! whew! : ) so, there. my sunday outing with the whole family. i never expected to enjoy that day, i was thinking i might get bored or something but i didn't, i actually enjoyed every single minute of that day. i get to know more of my relatives and got close to them. sana maulit.
while i was swimming i was also observing everybody, and i thought to myself, good thing i have my family, intact and secured. i may not have the best family, as we also have shortcomings and imperfections, but i'm glad i'm part of this wonderful people who holds the love for each other so dearly. naisip ko tuloy, why am i asking for more? kailangan ko pa ba talaga ng special someone to go through my life? hmmm. well at some point siguro, but for now, kung hindi pa ukol, 'di hindi bukol. as simple as that.

A (Web Copy) Writer's Dream

Write. That's what everybody in my community of other writer says. Write about anything, daily. There are no rules, just allot time - m...