Friday, January 03, 2020

Happy New Decade!

Goooood morning! It’s January 3rd of the new decade 2020! 


Honestly, I didn’t immediately feel the (supposedly) wondrous feeling of welcoming the new year/decade until I was scouring through my brain of the highlights and lowlights of the past TEN YEARS! It wasn’t easy though as some of those moments I’d rather not think about like ever again BUT nevertheless I think it was important. That’s for another blog post. Haha! 


Today, I want to write to declutter my mind. Free some space for other things hopefully positive and productive. It’s a cold and wet day today in NYC. I’ve been here almost 5 years and this is the wettest fall/winter ever! I’ll say it till I’m blue in the face, Mother Nature is STRESSED! It’s time to be more environment-conscious. More so than ever. 


Anyway, the past holiday was a blast. I love how simple it was for me and Antonio. It’s all we ever wanted. Now, if my family were here OR we were there back home with them THAT would’ve been much more amazing. I still pray that it will happen one of these days. I’m not losing hope- although I know I need to work some things for it to actually happen. 


I had a week off and we just wandered around Manhattan and Queens before and after Christmas just being together. Spent a majority of those times at home cooking (me), eating (both of us) and watching TV. Side note: The Witcher is soooo good. I’m a fan. Also, Don’t F*ck with Cats - creepy and amazing documentary.


I’m thankful for the past year. I summed it up by saying it was an “okay” year. Hey, better okay than NOT okay you know what I’m saying? This year I will make sure it’s okay or better. I’ve listed some resolutions and I promise to try and abide by them. I’m proud to say that I did HALF of my 2019 resolutions- that’s not bad right? Hahaha 


I feel a lot of hope (as I do every year) for 2020. But I also know I have to work to be able to achieve some of my future goals. I promised myself that. This year I need to start asking the right questions and discuss tough topics. I’ve got to be more assertive to ensure our future isn’t blurry. So much to do! 


Well, I have to start something, right? That’s why I’m back here writing whatever is on my mind. I keep forgetting how WONDERFUL writing is and what it does to my well being. With that, I greet you all a HAPPY, PROSPEROUS 2020! 

No comments:

A (Web Copy) Writer's Dream

Write. That's what everybody in my community of other writer says. Write about anything, daily. There are no rules, just allot time - m...